Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Movie Review: Underworld Awakenings

UNDERWORLD AWAKENINGS

So I went to go see Underworld 4, (Awakenings)

My initial response is that it is a fantastic popcorn movie. It is just a lot of fun, if you are a fan of the series that is.

The basic premise of the movie is that there was an outbreak of both Vampires and Lycans, so mankind started fighting back. In the beginning of the movie we have most Vampires and Lycans hunted and killed into a near extinction.

Selene is captured and put on ice for about 12 years. We join the story when "Subject #2" has released Selene from her imprisonment.

Unfortunately that Is about all I can give away because the plot twists begin almost immediately, so the rest of this is strictly opinion.

I think that this was the second best film of the series so far (the first is the best). I was so glad that they brought back Kate Beckingsdale. The third film suffered tremendously from her absence.

The new girl that was brought in, India Eisley, did a fantastic job. She has a bright future ahead of her.

This movie ended as all the Underworld movies end, on a semi- Cliff hanger while the writers pray for the box office returns being high enough to warrant another paycheck from making another one. There Is nothing wrong with that and I like that about this franchise. Its like a comic book like that.

Grade
Story - B
Acting- B
Cinematography - A-

4 comments:

  1. Ooo thanks for sharing. I'm a huge fan of the series and was wondering what this fourth movie was all about. Is it giving away too much if I ask - did they bring Michael back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well.....Yes and no. I know it is vague but I don't want to ruin it for ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Download Underworld Awakenings in 4cinema

    4cinema is a web that presents the latest 4cinema movies and 4cinema review. You can download it for free on 4cinema blogspot

    pls visit http://4cinema.blogspot.com

    thx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree on the 3rd movie.and although I haven't seen Awakenings I know the ending promotes a fifth?-I hope.

    ReplyDelete