Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Archives: Caligula

Avatar Press

Caligula
Books 1-6
Team
Writer - David Lapham
Art - German Nobile



A friend of mine that I have been trading books back and forth to borrow has been raving about this book for about a month now, and he just brought it in for me to read. All I can say is, "thanks for the messed up dreams Matt."

This is, by far, the most twisted Graphic Novel that I have ever read. I think it says bad things about me that I read it twice.

This is about the most twisted human being on the planet, that just so happens to be the Emperor of Rome. It centers on his relationship with the man that wants nothing more than to kill him.

There is not a single page that you can get through without some sort of odd perversion.... or killing.... or both... at the same time throughout the entire series. Yes, a horse is involved......often (sorry for the over use of ellipses)

This book is not for the light hearted. If you can handle a very dark attack on the senses,and can separate the knowledge that this is only a story, then this is worth checking out. It is a very interesting exploration into the bowels of depravity, watching a man reach the other end of the rabbit hole, and then seeing how he can never come back the same.

I am not a super huge fan of the art, but there are points that was grateful for the often times blurrying art. Too much reality would actually hurt the book.

Grade
Story - A
Art - B

No comments:

Post a Comment