Friday, January 20, 2012

Archives: Incognito Book 1



Incognito (Book 1, From Issues 1-6)
Team
Writer - Ed Brubaker
Artist - Sean Phillips
Colorist - Val Staples
Published 2009
Icon Publishing


Because of my enjoyment reading the new book, Fatale, by this same writing team, I decided to go back and re-read the graphic novel, Incognito.

All I have to say to start is wow. This is so much better than I remember. Amazing in fact. I recommend a second read to anyone that is interested in it. It makes so much more sense that second time around.

So imagine if you had superpowers, but you and your identical twin brother were super villains. Now imagine that your twin brother is killed, you get put on power blocking drugs and get put into witness protection by the Government. That is how this story starts.

Our anti-hero in this book is named Zack Overkill. He started to get his powers back and becomes a hero, not that he wants to. He really detests the people he is saving. He wouldn't do it at all but that is the only way that he feels alive at all.

I can't really give too much more away without spoiling the rest of the book, and I really want you to read it.

The art is so much different than any of the other books that are out there. It honestly takes a little while to get used to, but it is incredible to say the least.

Grade
Story - A+
Art - A+


No comments:

Post a Comment