Friday, January 13, 2012

Archives: Batman Arkham City




So I have been going through some old comics and have decided that it would be fun to do reviews of different older minis, story arcs, or even older runs. Here is my first.

Batman Arkham City
5 Issue Mini Series
Published July 2011-October 2011
Team
Writer - Paul Dini
Artist - Carlos D'Anda
Colorist - Gabe Eltaeb

This was such a fun Mini, I can't believe that I forgot about it.

Oh, I want to give a quick disclaimer... I did play Batman Arkham Asylum,
but I have not yet played Arkham City.

This book takes place between Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. It starts at the end of Arkham Asylum with the Joker being taken back to jail. He is quite obviously sick beyond all measure and definitely standing on his last leg.

We find out that the latest Mayor of Gotham, Quincy Sharp, is little more than a puppet of a man that is having his strings pulled by (we later find out) Hugo Strange.

His master plan is to wall off half of Gotham City and make it the most dangerous prison on the planet.

What we end up seeing a lot of is huge power plays by most of the notorious Super Villains of Gotham to see who will really pull the strings in the new Arkham City.
We get appearances by, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Penguin, Two-Face, Riddler, and Robin.

The are is very reminiscent of Romita Jr's work in Kick-Ass, Which means that I like it a lot.

This is definitely worth a second (or first) look






No comments:

Post a Comment