Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My universe



I wanted to write about some of my other thoughts on things in my little corner of the geek universe.

Well first off, Happy Thanksgiving to my readers in the US. While we stuff ourselves silly, try to remember to be grateful that we live where we do and when we do. And be thankful that it is such a great time in history to be a geek

I started reading the book Inheritance by Christopher Paolini. Very good read so far. A bit more engaging that the last book, Brisingr but not quite as great as the first book, Eragon. I really hope that they reboot the whole franchise in film. The movie, Eragon was a huge turd. I would love to see the books brought to the screen in the right way. And Dragons are cool. I will be writing a review on it when I finish

Did you see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Yeah, not a fan....But, you know the guy that played all of the Oompa Loompas? He was in one of the best movies of my childhood. He was the guy that rode the racing snail in the original NeverEnding Story movie.Now just please, let the childlike Empress resurface somewhere


Watched Sons of Anarchy this week, as I do every week. I literally yelled out a cheer at the end when Opie shot Clay. I love that show so much.

Speaking of dramatic TV shows that I am digging. The Walking Dead. Yeah, it is pretty fantastic. It is a bit slow but definitely intriguing. Those people just cant keep anything to themselves though. Keep a stinking secret guys. Holy crap.


Snowboard season is upon us. LET US FALL! Can't wait to hit the slopes.

If you haven't heard, Jane's Addiction has Resurfaced with a
moderately good single called Irresistible Force. Not their best work but I still am enjoying the heck out of it.


Well that's about it for my Rambling

Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment