Sunday, November 6, 2011

DC superteam






I have decided to put together my own little superhero team out of the DC/Vertigo Universe. I made a few "rules" for myself to make it more interesting.

1. I want to keep the "big guys" such as Superman, batman, Hal Jordan, Wonderwoman ect off of the list. Do we really need another Justice League?

2. Stay away from Heroes that have been on a lot of teams, especially in starring roles.

3. Have a reason for them to be on the team, not just because I love the character.

With that said, I hope you enjoy my list.

Jesse Custer (from Preacher, Vertigo)

I am calling him the leader of this team. If you are not familiar with him, I will catch you up. First off, he ended up fighting both God and the Devil and he came out on top. He also has the ability to tell you what to do, and you would be compelled to do it....no matter what he asked.

He has a strong sense of right and wrong and will not hesitate to do what he feels is the right thing to do and he will stand by his decisions, right or wrong.

I would love to see this character get the chance to take this team and run with it. I think he has the intestinal fortitude to keep them all in line



Bane.(DC, Usually in the Bat-verse and most recently the leader of cancelled title Secret Six)

This is our wild card. He is highly intelligent and a power house. Every team needs
someone that is can run through a barricade and mess stuff up. He would also add a large amount of drama being that he is mostly a villain, but can be written as a hero when motivated correctly.

He would do very well under Jesse Custer because he would respect him.It would most likely be a constant subplot if he is manipulating the rest of the team or not.

This team would most likely make him create a sense of right and wrong and become the family he has always needed.



Arisia(DC, member of the Green Lantern Corps.)

I like teams to have a "little sister" character. It always adds a lot to the team dynamic. It will add even more dynamic that she has the most powerful weapon in the universe on her finger at all times.

Arisia already has a very large fan base, especially in the Cosplay community. She would probably have a lot of storyline based around her

I could see her as the true glue as the team who would be able to forge a real friendship and trust with every single individual on the team.





Green Arrow/Connor Hawke (DC,Green Arrow comics, son of origional Green Arrow)


Connor is a completely different kind of hero for the team. He may be an exceptional martial artist, but he is all human with no super powers at all.

Because of his upbringing in a monastery, he is fairly removed from being able to socially adapt to a team dynamic. I think that will make him incredibly interesting in this dynamic.

My biggest concern would be that he may blend into the background a bit too much, but because of the small size of the team, he may also really be able to shine






Raven ( DC, Teen Titans)

I don't actually have a lot of experience with Raven except where I have seen her with the Teen Titans.

I picked her for a few reasons. One, she is dark and
broody which will play well off of Arisia. She is a telepath which the team really needs. Also, and I think most importantly, I have an idea so that she can have a story arc in which she can bring in Morpheus (the Sandman) in a great guest role and mentor


No comments:

Post a Comment