Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Comic Reviews for March 28, 2012



                                            
                              DC COMICS







Green Lantern New Guardians #7
Writer - Tony Bedard
Artist - Tyler Kirkham
Colorist - Nei Ruffino

"INVICTUS"

Another solid issue for the New Guardians.  Something very interesting happened in this issue, I realized that I am actually beginning to really care about and like all of the characters on this team, not just a few select.

We got the back story on who Invictus is, what the Orrery is (surprise, its all clones)and that Larfleez has been playing them the whole time.

We also learned that all of Larfleez's constructs are made from the essence of beings that he has killed.  That is why Glomulus seems so sentient.   It makes a lot more sense to me.

This title is still a lot of fun to me.

My only complaint at the moment is that it does not seem that Bleez will be able to lead her own faction in the Red Lantern series while being involved in this team because it is all going on at the exact same time.  Who does DC think she is, Spider-Man?

Grade
Story- A 
Art - B





Teen Titan #7
Writer - Scott Lobdell
Artist - Brett Booth
Colorist - Andrew Dalhouse

"ASSAULT ON PROJECT 13"

I am actually liking this book more than the Justice League. 

This book is never on the top of my list, but it is never on the bottom.  I am however being seeped deeper and deeper into their world and am really enjoying their world.  

I find the N.O.W.H.E.R.E thing a bit uninteresting but once I get past it, I think I really am enjoying everything else quite a bit.

Toward the end, I am a little confused by the Red Robin and Solstice interaction.  I will need to read the next book but I don't know exactly what happened.  I don't know if that is to build suspense or if it is bad storytelling with a huge hole in it.  I shall see what the answer to that is next month/

Grade
Story - B+
Art - A-


                                                                     
                             IMAGE COMICS




Alpha Girl #2
Writer - Jeff Roenning
Artist - Robert Love
Colorist - Diego Simone

This is a fun book but I don't feel the same warm fuzzies that I felt with the first issue, but I think there is a lot of potential in this title.

I still don't understand why our main character is not one of the Zombies.  

The inking is a bit inconsistent in spots but the art is a lot of fun in general

This book is cheesy, but in the right ways/



Grade
Story - B
Art - B





No Place Like Home #2
Writer - Angelo Tirotto
Artist - Richard Jordan
Colorist - Paul Little

Now we are getting somewhere.  I tried to buy this title last week but I accidentally got the second printing of issue one instead.

This one goes a lot deeper into the Oz mythology with seemingly hundreds of Easter eggs dropped into the book.

The villain of this book so far is not the crazy drunk, it is one of the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz.

I am in for this book



Grade
Story - A
Art A-





                                            
                          MARVEL COMICS


Ghost Rider #9 (FINAL ISSUE)
Writer - Rob Williams
Artist - Lee Garbett/Emanuela Lupacchino
Colorist - Rob Swagger


After a lot of ups and downs with this title, It went out on a high note.  

They did end up giving the Spirit back to Johnny(it should have never left) and that made the 9 issue series close very nicely.

Aljeandra is around and could be used in the future...but she doesn't HAVE to, and that is all right with me.

I am sure this title will be back within a year


Grade
Story - B+
Art - B+















No comments:

Post a Comment