Friday, March 2, 2012

Comic Reviews for March 2, 2012

It is a bit late but I hope that you enjoy it.










DC COMICS


JUSTICE LEAGUE #6
Team
Writer - Geoff Johns
Artist - Jim Lee
Colorist - Alex Sinclair

"JUSTICE LEAGUE PART 6"

As always with this book, it is its own art gallery. Completely beautiful to look at. It is the end of the first major story arc and it seems to have wrapped up nicely. The ending felt a bit cheesy, but with the overall tone of the arc, it felt forgivable.

The second ending left me a little confused. We got to meet the mysterious "Pandora". Sadly, it felt like a "back-door" written in months ago before DC knew if the new 52 was going to work out as well as it did or not.

The star of the book was a toss up between Superman, because, well, he's Superman, and Cyborg. What I liked about cyborg, especially in this issue is that he was the only reason they saved the day, but it wasn't jammed down your throat like certain writers seem to like to do with some other characters (ahem, your guess here, ahem)

Grade
Story - A
Art - A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



MARVEL COMICS

VENOM 13.4
Team
Writer - Rick Remender
Artist - Lan Medina
Colorist - Marte Gracia

"VENOM GOES TO HELL"

So I went through this book, enjoyed the journey it took me on, appreciated the art, really got sucked into the book.......and then closed the book and said "HUH?

Maybe I am just a but under the IQ bar but I have no idea what just happened

I am a bit grateful that this even ends next week so I can go back and read it all in a long graphic novel fashion.


Grade
Story - B-
Art - A-




THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #680
Team
Writer - Dan Slott & Chris Yost
Artist - Guiseppe Camuncoli
Colorist - Frank D'Armata

So when I first started reading this issue, I thought is was to be yet another retelling of the famous Symbiote story when John brings it back from space, but this is something.....well, different.

I really am enjoying Spidey's exchanges with the Human Torch. It's a battle of the Smart-Ass. (where is Deadpool when you need him?)

Dr. Octopus is just damn scary looking. They are doing a great job of modernizing the villains. It is great to the visual end of things.

This is going to be a fun arc.

Grade
Story - A
Art - A



IDW COMICS


ROAD RAGE #1
Team
Writer - Joe Hill & Stephen King
Artist - Nelson Daniel

It was written by Pop Culture Horror Writing god Stephen King and his son, who is blazing his own trail in the world of Graphic Novels, Joe Hill. It shows. With a pedigree like that plotting this out, anything less than exceptional would not be acceptable. This was ridiculously fantastic.

I know it is a bad idea to judge a book by a first issue so heavily, but this feels like the new bar of Graphic Novel storytelling.

I am a huge fan of the show Sons of Anarchy. I am a huge fan of getting on my own V-Twin and cruising a few hundred miles down the highway. Even if you are not a fan of those things, you will still get it when you read this book, but the interest may help

Grade
Story - A+++++
Art - A




DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT


THE BIONIC MAN #7
Team
Writer - Kevin Smith & Phil Hester
Artist - Jonathan Lau
Colorist - Ivan Nunes

"BODY AND SOUL"

Again a great story. Not a whole lot about it that I can say that I haven't said about all of the previous books so far. It is still great and I would still highly recommend it to anyone.

There was a moral to the story....The Govt is evil and should never be trusted no matter what



Grade
Story - A+
Art - A

No comments:

Post a Comment